TOMA BABOVIC – professional photography since 1989
To tell a story in pictures. Photography in it’s original sense. To find the moment, where the light makes nature and landscape well worth seeing. To catch exactly that instant, where people live their lifes, get through their daily routine, raise buildings or build infrastructure. To realise the characteristics of a situation and capture them in a picture. This needs patience, experience and passion. I always pursue the old-school-notion of my profession: preferably less arranging – simply more documenting. Taking the beholder to a place he never went before, he never could reach.
- since 25 years en route with camera and tripod in Canada, USA, Russia, the Caribbean, Brazil, Svalbard, England, Scotland, Portugal, Italy, Thailand, Namibia, New Zealand, Germany
- since 1990 member of Bund freischaffender Fotodesigner, BFF (Union of freelancing photo designer)
- since1996 member of FREELENS e.V., Verband der Fotojournalisten (Association of photo journalists)
- Member of Bildagentur laif, Agentur für Photos & Reportagen (Agency for photos and features)
- Appointed in 2013 to Deutsche Gesellschaft für Photographie DGPh (German society of photography)
- Features, more then 50 coffee-table books, magazines, workshops, lecturer